Jacks or Better Videopoker Machine
Are you a poker enthusiast who’s sick and tired of the same old poker game with nothing new to offer? Then you haven’t tried out Jacks or Better. There’s a reason why this online casino game is considered the mother of them all when it comes to video poker.
Any gaming site worth its salt never fails to include it. This game was created by Quickspin, one of the most popular developers. They added their unique spin to it, but the fundamental rules of the game remain the same.
Jacks or Better: Redefining Video Poker
Here’s a little fun-fact for you: it was the first-ever video poker variant to be developed in the history of online gaming. It’s very similar to the original version of Draw Poker that you’ll find in many traditional brick-and-mortar gambling parlours.
The game display consists of vibrant colours that are reminiscent of a fun-filled night in a Vegas casino. The main goal of Jacks or Better for real money is made apparent in the title. You win if you have at least a pair of Jacks or a combination that gives you an even higher value. In regular video poker, three-of-a-kind gives you the best hand, albeit with the lowest possible combined value.
When the game loads up, you’ll notice a familiar video poker setup which is standard for every variant you come across. The colours might be a bit different, but the general look and feel of the game are just like that of regular old video poker.
You’ll then see your five cards displayed at the bottom. The coin denomination above the cards represents the paytable with a winnings-chart right next to it, showing the amount of real money you’ve won in any specific round.
Here’s how to play Jacks or Better for free or for some real cash.
- To win, remember that you need a hand that has a pair of Jacks or higher.
- Get things started by clicking on the “Start” or “Play” button at the bottom of your screen.
- You’ll then be dealt five cards. Scrutinise them to decide which ones you want to hold on to and which ones you’d rather replace to get a better combo.
- Select the cards you want to discard and then click on the “Draw” button again to receive new ones.
- The game system automatically holds any winning cards.
- If you’ve won, that’s all fine and dandy. But, if you lose, you can always play again to better your odds.
- Any time you win an amount, you can decide to go big or go home. Hit the “Double” button to attempt to double your winnings. A little disclaimer though: it’s a win-all-lose-all situation. Landing an incorrect guess means that you lose all the money you wagered.
- Device compatibility: Desktop and mobile
- Maximum win: 4,000 coins
- Minimum bet: 0.25 credits
- RTP: 99.54%
This poker variant is a great way for novice and veteran players alike to polish up their skills. It offers a little refresher into applying basic strategy in your game.
If you’re looking for a version with a high RTP, then you need to check out the one from Microgaming. With a staggering 99.54% RTP, you can be certain that you’re going to cash-in on some big wins and have a ball while you’re at it! Play free Jacks or Better online to get a taste of the action!